View Single Post
Old 2012-02-16, 22:03   Link #108
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Right. How do you use a person's methods to obtain freedom and then rebuke him? It's as if they admit that Shu was the only hope they had of surviving, and then decide to throw a tantrum at him anyway.

The only fault I can find with him is that he didn't follow through. History shows that if you're going to be a tyrant, you can't just half ass it. You need to purge or subjugate anyone who is a potential liability (Arisa). After he heard that Inori was the one who attacked her, he'd have been wise to get rid of her. In the end, as always in Guilty Crown, Shu has only been talking the talk.

Although it's of little meaning. This show's writing is predictable enough that I foresee her being tossed aside by her hero for being of little use to anyone at this stage.
you just hit the nail on the coffin after thinking it over I think this is what pissed me off the most.

They all stand in judgement over him at the end and yell monster and about how detestable he is. But they still used his methods to escape only betraying him in the end after he did all the work. Despite what wrongs he might have done he kept all of them from dying or even worse descending into madness and killing each other over food and medicine.

Not everyone is cut out to be a leader but im cutting Shu some slack this whole situation was forced on him. Everyone is born with talents and being a leader is not one of Shu's. I will be interested to see how the one that betrayed end up i have a feeling a lot of them are going to die and as for Arisa given that Gai is not the same one from the past either she will be discarded or she will be kept around only for her Void use and probably as entertainment for Dark Gai. Honestly im not seeing her making it to the end of the series and even if she does she will probably be so broken what she does or says wont matter.

My bet is on her becoming Gai's pet and not returning to her grandfather. If the students thought Shu's reign was bad just wait i think things are about to get a lot worse for them