View Single Post
Old 2013-07-01, 02:49   Link #3617
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'm actually one of those people who don’t realize all the hate for 00 until AGE come out. When 00 2nd Season was airing, I didn’t do much forum-ing. I was just watching it together with my college friends. We all had a great time with it with almost no complains aside from it being not as edgy as the previous season and become more shounen-ish (we're not blind to its shortcomings though, but we didn't mind it very much).

I’m also one of those people who didn’t have any prejudice toward the pre-airing AGE. I very much happily welcomed the series as it started airing, only to be disappointed by how shitty it turned out to be. The very same friends who enjoy watching 00 with me loathed AGE for all its crappy-ness.
Consider yourself lucky because that's basically what 00 season 2 was. It was great, and well done, with some shortcomings. But everyone hated it while it was airing, as far as this forum was concerned. And it was also considered terrible compared to how great the first season was!

And that's the crux of the matter, because people here despised season 1 while it was airing. They hated the unorthodox designs for the Gundams. They hated how they were invincible. They hated Setsuna's "I am Gundam" spiel. So on and so forth. It was reviled... until season 2 came out. Suddenly it was the best thing ever and no way season 2 could live up to it.

And the exact same thing happened to season 2 when AGE came up. Season 2 was great; AGE couldn't possibly compare itself to it, so on and so forth.

And you can bet your ass that once the next full-blown Gundam series is out, people will forget all about Gundam AGE's shortcomings as they busily tear apart the new show.