View Single Post
Old 2013-03-15, 04:37   Link #48
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
I didn't think Makishima's solitude had a meaningful place in the story, but wrong again. Prior to the second half of the show I had a chance to read a manga by Kobayashi Yoshinori unabashedly titled An Individual Without Society is not Human. In it he argues the necessity of the public sphere in one's life and that no matter how much one tries to reject it, our belief that our thoughts and actions carry meaning invalidate that effort.

It seems as if Makishima truly believes he's alone because of Sibyl. He kills people to tell the system, that, yes, he is alone, yet at the same time he is oblivious to the connection he established with MWPSB, so in a way he's actually not alone?
That a old theory a ton of psychologist hold.Thing is they are wrong there are those people who truely want to be alone isolationist who separate themselves from all society.

And to say Maki kills because the system and society reject him is a joke,Sad thing is even in this world he would be a mass murderer. He is one of those sick people who think everyone's life is a joke and they don't see the truth that he does and he finds that as a excuse to mass murder thing is its just a excuse. He really is no different than the joker as I said before just with out the jokes.

http://www.youtube.com/v/_hhQaTgu5AQ

Ill be fucking damned they even have the batman+joker connection. Makishima+Kogami connection. The guy living in madness trying to push the guy who still has value in the world to the edge...is this like a story archetype or something that has older examples ?

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-03-15 at 04:52.