View Single Post
Old 2007-04-15, 02:44   Link #1
wao
OK.

Ani*Kuri15 [1-min shorts by 15 anime creators]

This totally flew past even Moonphase's radar, I think... However, it obviously made it to Catsuka and manganimation.net :P
But if it was posted about here before and a thread was made, please shoot me, and merge the threads.

NHK x 15 creators x 1 minute short = what?

Some of you may remember Genius Party - call this the shorter, on-air, more popular? version of it, perhaps. Maybe I'll mention the most recognizable names involved: Shoji Kawamori, Mamoru Oshii, Osamu Kobayashi, Satoshi Kon, Range Murata. Or perhaps you'll be delighted to know no less than the art director, director and character designer of Tekkon Kinkreet are involved. Or does the mention of Studio 4C get you hot and excited?

I'm busy doing so many things at one time my eyes are spinning, so I might update this later with more information.

Name: Ani*Kuri 15 (アニ*クリ15) from Animator Creators (kurie-ta-) 15
Broadcast Date: Starts - 7 May 2007
Season 1 - May~August 2007 (tentative)
Season 2/3 - August 2007 onwards (tentative)
Broadcaster: NHK general
Official website: http://www.nhk.or.jp/ani-kuri/ (needs Flash)

So what the hell is this: 15 one-minute shorts created by various folks from the animation industry, airing on NHK. The plan is, I think to air them as 1-minute TV spots and they'd come on air in groups of 5 at a time, hence split into 3 seasons spanning one year. I believe what they mean is that in one season there'll be 5 on air, not necessarily at the same time but at different times. It seems like they're going to coordinate the general airing of these with a web site so if you miss it on TV you can watch it on the website? I sure as hell hope so.

The Staff: ...dude. Summary: Shinji Kimura, Osamu Kobayashi, Yasufumi Soejima, Shoujirou Nishimi, Akemi Hayashi, Mamoru Oshii, Tobira Oda, Yasuyuki Shimizu, Shoji Kawamori, Satoshi Kon, Makoto Shinkai, Atsushi Takeuchi, Michael Arias, Mahiro Maeda, Range Murata, Tatsuya Yabuta.

Season 1
Spoiler:

Season 2 + 3

Spoiler:

It appears that some sites have said this was initiated by Mamoru Oshii, but I've read a few blogs talking about this (including Mahiro Maeda's INUBOE) and it's all about "starting with Oshii" but not "started by Oshii". If he didn't really start it then it's just a case of everyone worshipping Oshii again...

And for those of you who want less info and more pics, the only two pics available for now are found over here, which is where 90% of the information above was translated from .
The top picture is a scene from the short by Soejima Yasufumi, and the second from the imageboard by Kimura Shinji.