View Single Post
Old 2010-07-18, 00:31   Link #510
Suri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
I'll go with this until someone comes up with a good and nonconfusing theory about the time paradox. I think in the anime when Kanade said how time isn't linear, she meant that things just happen. (?)

So, I think that:
-Yuzuru dies without regrets
-???
-His heart goes to Kanade
-Kanade dies with regrets
-Kanade goes to the afterlife with one wish: to thank her heart donor.
-Otonashi comes to the afterlife to help her get her wish
-Kanade and Yuzuru get reincarnated/go to a guilt-free heaven that looks an awful lot like Earth.

I'll let the "time paradox" explains ??? - what happens to Yuzuru between his death and his coming to the Afterlife where Kanade resides.
Well..there is a place for those who died with regrets, I'll call that Purgatory for now, despite the inaccuracy of the term. I'm sure those who don't die with regrets end up going to like..Heaven or something. I mean they won't just rot in the ground or something. It doesn't really say that world they are in is the complete afterlife. There would be a place for adults who have regrets and those who don't have regrets at all.

Anyways, what I mean is..maybe Otonashi was just hangin' and chillin' in the world where people died without regrets...and then was called in to help Kanade get that wish.

But anyways...all of this is just what if, I'm not saying it's all true and whatnot. I'm just trying sense of it all so I can like...not be confused. You can all make sense of it all the way you want, it's fun to have many opinions.