View Single Post
Old 2010-07-18, 00:43   Link #511
Nightt
☠ Lord of the Things ☠
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Nightt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suri View Post
Well...Kanade has been there for a while. That's true. But the fact that Otonashi isn't really supposed to be there raises the fact that he was probably bought there in order for Kanade to get past her regret. So I think it was like this...

Otonashi died > Otonashi goes into Heaven since he lived a life without regret (or whatever) > Otonashi's heart is donated to Kanade > Kanade dies > Kanade goes to the afterlife/purgatory thing > Kanade realizes her past > Kanade realizes her regret in life > Otonashi is drawn there to complete Kanade.

If it was a time paradox...I think it would be like...Well..confusing. I'm under the assumption that people go there as they die (if they have a regret in life).

Or maybe the producers/makers of this anime left this out because it's one of the many holes of the anime? oO That would explain things, it's a plothole.

A few Qs:

- So, wait, if Otonashi was drawn there to complete Kanade. Why weren't Yuri's siblings drawn there to complete her?

- Why didn't Otonashi just get reincarnated the moment he died since he had no regrets? Do they stay somewhere for a while, and why? Since people with regrets (eventually without regrets) instantly get reincarnated, or that's what it appears to be like. I'm probably wrong tho. xD

- Finally, why didn't Otonashi dissappear the moment Kanade did? Since his mission was accomplished, he should've dissappeared. (Stupid Q, I know.)