View Single Post
Old 2010-07-18, 01:19   Link #512
Suri

Quote:
A few Qs:

- So, wait, if Otonashi was drawn there to complete Kanade. Why weren't Yuri's siblings drawn there to complete her?

- Why didn't Otonashi just get reincarnated the moment he died since he had no regrets? Do they stay somewhere for a while, and why? Since people with regrets (eventually without regrets) instantly get reincarnated, or that's what it appears to be like. I'm probably wrong tho. xD

- Finally, why didn't Otonashi dissappear the moment Kanade did? Since his mission was accomplished, he should've dissappeared. (Stupid Q, I know.)
PLOTHOLES o-o

Anyways..

I have no explanation for Yuri's siblings...except for the fact that she sees their..spirits or something (Iunno) at the end when she gets rid of the shadows.

As for why Otonashi didn't get reincarnated immediately, I dunno. You might be right, and you might be wrong. If there was a world where people without regrets could go, he probably went there and chilled for a while until he was drawn to the other place.

Otonashi didn't disappear because he ended up filled with grief after he disappeared. But according to the epilogue scene at the end..He probably did end up accepting it and finally disappearing...and becoming reincarnated and meeting Kanade's reincarnation in the next life.

All this is a maybe. Personally, the anime was too short for me. An anime that is so dependent on a character's past before the events of the anime needs to be a little longer so they can actually expand on things. Perhaps this is why we're asking all these questions and stuff.

Nonetheless, despite the plotholes and stuff...I love this anime to tears and sobbing. Literally, it had the sentimental feeling I get when watching like...5cm/Second.

That's really my final say on this anime.