Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-12, 20:59   Link #23424
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I think it's equally plausible to originate in the US among the "Terry Jones Islam hating crowd", but I do agree that it's not Jewish in origin. If it was Jewish in origin I dare say it would be a lot more subtle about advertising it's "Jewish" credentials. When Jews fund and make political films (and it certainly does happen) they tend to downplay their Jewishness, not play it up.
Yeah, agreed, the director and others involved are most definitely not Jewish. I'm not going to rule out this film being made my Christian fundies trying to stir the pot, but the director is said to speak Arabic, he told people he was Egyptian (and people bought it), and it would just make more sense for a Muslim extremist to make and promote this film knowing it'll lead to the death of westerners than for Christian fundies to make this film and dub in Arabic, where the acting works better in Arabic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
To be honest, I don't know whose behind this. However, I've never seen Islamicists use such a cynical tactic before. It doesn't feel like the sort of thing they'd do. Call it a gut feeling, but I don't think it's a Muslim Extremist who made this. Regardless, the mysterious Sam Basile was an agent provocateur. He made this film specifically to create hatred and violence.
No, I can see Muslim extremists using such a tactic as this. I can definitely see that. Muslim extremists will do just about anything for their goals. Last decade, I remember reading some Al Qaeda terrorist plots that they (Al Qaeda) concocted, and one of them was to take one of their terrorists and infect them with a very contagious bio-hazard material (something from a biological weapons lab); have them keep the material contained and then infect themselves with it and then once contagious, immediately go into a very busy airport terminal for the U.S./western countries and do all they can to spread around the pathogen. If Al Qaeda was considering a plan like that, than certainly some Muslim extremist in America could make a hateful anti-Islam movie in the hopes of inciting violence against westerners and Jews.