View Single Post
Old 2012-01-01, 10:07   Link #26773
Misuzu
Dribble.....SHOOTOH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTwilight View Post
That said, it didn't tell us anything we didn't know already, maybe just that Yasu tricked them into a fake murder mystery before killing them (which kinda explains why everyone went along with that bullshit... except Genji, because he's a robot anyway.)... i hope it isn't finished (thanks LyricalAura) because it's kinda disappointing.
Until I'm forced to believe otherwise, I'm under the opinion that this is only true in the stories. She's callous because it's fiction. I'm pretty cruel to my characters too.

No real motive is a little disappointing, but it's better than Yasu killing people on R--Prime and Battler apologizing to her for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
Actually, now that I think about it, it doesn't seem like there's any mention of Maria in there either.

Kind of surprising, since she's pretty obviously an accomplice as well. I think most people assume Maria locked the door of the parlor for twilights 6-8 of EP1, though you could also say that Beatrice simply hid in the room or something.
This was really disappointing to me because I felt like Maria was being built up as so important for a long time. I wanted to see a little of that here. There's plenty of evidence for Maria being used as an accomplice in some way and I think it would be interesting to read about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
So the setting of EP5 is probably Yasu trying to get her revenge against Natsuhi.
If you can have a game where Lion was accepted by Natsuhi, you can also have this kind of game.
That's how I see it. It's a game without love, what Yasu's motive for all this might be if she wasn't trying to get Battler to remember their conversations on mysteries. The murder game is half-assed and the focus is entirely on hurting Natsuhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
I have to agree that I can't possibly sympathise with Yasu if this is the actual solution, but everything R07 has done since Episode 6 seems to insist that it is. =/
I can sympathize with writing people into some pretty screwed up stories, because I certainly did that when I was younger. I get that Ryukishi wants to keep R-Prime as catbox, but it's hard to feel for any potential culprit, since they either have no motive or, in the case of the Ep. 7 tea party, were shown to have the worst of motives.

I can't say I sympathize with the culprit of Higurashi but I was given a pretty clear understanding of why they did what they did. It's so frustrating not to have that here. I don't mind not knowing the how did it because I can figure that out myself. I can only throw out random guesses when it comes to the motive. And I refuse to believe that it is "girls in love are crazy, ya'll".
Misuzu is offline   Reply With Quote