View Single Post
Old 2011-12-30, 21:23   Link #430
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the sales for the December releases end up being spread out a bit more than usual given the rather massive glut of releases between 21-23 December, including the Bakemonogatari and Toradora BD-Boxes and so on. I really don't know how many series the average consumer purchases per season (I collect about three shows/season on average myself), but a single BD-Box could certainly put a significant dent in one's monthly budget and cause people to hold off until the next time they're paid to catch-up a bit.
except for the fact that several series (working, Horizon, P4) are selling very well despite the Box Sets.

Quote:
Not really wanting to get into this too much here, but I think the plan all along had been to time it with the end of the novels, but those ended up being stretched out longer than was expected as well. So rather than bridge directly into Shana III after the S-series OVAs, they instead animated Index II (which, by some accounts, had a shorter pre-production gestation period). In the grand scheme of things, I wonder if the amount gained by "striking the iron while it's hot" with Index offset the amount lost for Shana... but who knows. In either case, as has been said before, at least anime fans will see the conclusion, great sales or not.
I think they could have bridge it a by releasing a short oav series. Maybe a anime original Prequel series dealing with Shana predecessor. I think that would have keep interest a lot better then the slice of life oav eps they were releasing.