View Single Post
Old 2012-04-28, 08:12   Link #994
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's not like this is a KyoAni only thing... required reading...

Not to mention I'm pretty sure that anything they award a Grand Prize to they have to animate... considering their output this isn't a trivial thing to give away.
It's not mentioned in the outline that they will animate any Grand Prize winner this year. They simply state that a Grand Prize or Encouragement Award winner would be published through their publishing division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Which is why it's puzzling to me why KyoAni is even bothering with this annual competition.

Yes, they're very production constrained.

These competitions are something that might make some sense for a very large studio like Sunrise or JC Staff, but it's hard for me to see how this makes sense for KyoAni (unless it's just a cynical way for them to gain added publicity...).
KyoAni is looking to broaden their studio beyond animation. These contests are designed to obtain manuscripts they could print and sell through their publishing division, KA Esuma. If there's a work the staff greatly like, then it'll be animated like Chuunibyou is, but these submissions were not designed so they would animate more works.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT