View Single Post
Old 2007-12-24, 22:33   Link #80
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Hm, I think the title for this thread will spoil a lot of people, so I vote we change it so "Did Makoto deserved what he got?" or "Did what happen to Makoto justifiable?"
Actually, I'm not sure, but I think those titles are even more spoiler-ish. The current title asks "Does he deserve to die?" but doesn't specify what happened in the ending -- it's asking a generic question irregardless of what the anime had to say about it. If you didn't watch the show and, by some miracle, still haven't been spoiled as to how it ended, you wouldn't necessarily know that he did die. You might just think that some people think he deserves it (and that comes up fairly often in shows in this genre, which is why this show "went there" in the first place). Either of the did questions you proposed are begging the question, because they give away that something bad happened to him even if they don't spell out what it is. So I think someone might be even more likely to spoil themselves if they read a title like "Did he get what he deserved" than if they read the title as is. If you really want something more generic, perhaps it would have been better as "Is Makoto's behaviour justifiable?", but that would have totally changed this thread (maybe for the better, but still...)

In any event, that's just my own personal opinion -- it is not "The Opinion Of The Mods".