View Single Post
Old 2008-03-04, 10:37   Link #23
LiberLibri
(`◉◞౪◟◉´)

Send a message via AIM to LiberLibri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
From what I've heard the Japanese may be open to people speaking on the topics that you mentioned, but they are extremely closed when it comes to saying anything that would be considered anti-Japan.
Correct. They love acts of self-criticism; newspapers and magazines, not to mention the Web, are full of articles blaming the govenment. At the same time, they are very sensitive to criticism from outside the Islands.

However, I believe it's quite common behaviour among other nations. I know some US citizens enjoy jeering at Mr. Bush's conducts, but how will they feel if I, not a US citizen nor a stakeholder, say something ridiculous on the dignity of him, while I have only superficial and shallow understanding on the country? Is a UK subject gentle to foreigners showing contempt to the Crown?

Though, I think the "patriotism" in Japan has been raised up to a dangerous zone these days... Mutually emotional reactions with Korea(s) and China have left detriment effect for all the parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thentus View Post
Of course, considered by a group of people clearly biased.
Could you kindly think of the possibility that the criticisers might be more biased? Everyone easily believes he/she be objective, free from any bias.
LiberLibri is offline   Reply With Quote