View Single Post
Old 2009-04-02, 09:57   Link #57
Tri-ring

This debate is kind of ironic when one of Japan's fundamental teaching is Buddhism.

Gotama Siddhattha would have not cared one bit on how people considered him or depicted him since his teaching is just that;

Quote:
The Four Noble Truths: that suffering is an inherent part of existence; that the origin of suffering is ignorance and the main symptoms of that ignorance are attachment and craving; that attachment and craving can be ceased; and that following the Noble Eightfold Path will lead to the cessation of attachment and craving and therefore suffering.

The Noble Eightfold Path: right understanding, right thought, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, and right concentration.
Buddhism really do not care if teachings are disgraced and actually challenge you to disgrace teachings for;

Quote:
Rejection of the infallibility of accepted scripture: Teachings should not be accepted unless they are borne out by our experience and are praised by the wise.
Anicca (Sanskrit: anitya): That all things are impermanent.
Dukkha (Sanskrit: duḥkha): That all beings suffer from all situations due to unclear mind
Let's go back to my first posting.
I wrote;
Quote:
Telling another culture/person what is good or bad based on own belief is self-centered and self-righteous.

As long as you have a strong belief within yourself then nobody is able to violate that altar and anything and everything else should just sound as noise to your ear.
i also wrote that;
Quote:
Judeo–Christian religions are that in essence they have very little tolerance against any other theocracy other then their own.
So this debate in itself is a clash of culture.
Anyone care to go further?
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote