View Single Post
Old 2013-10-10, 01:27   Link #67
marvelB

Ugh, I keep saying I'll stay out of the power level debates, but yet there's times I just keep getting sucked back in.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
We still don't know if a super Nova is a match for Doflamingo or not. More than likely not all super Novas would be a match but i think the strongest ones could be.
Even if his bounty hasn't reached the 9-digit mark yet, I think it's safe to say that Sanji is a supernova-level pirate himself (he IS part of the monster trio, after all). So I'd say that he's a good way to gauge how most current supernova pirates would fare against the birdman.

However, that being said, notice that Dofla, at the very least, DID acknowledge his strength nonetheless. Heck, I'd even say the very fact that he used named attacks against Sanji is a testament to how worthy an opponent he saw him as (notice that Dofla never used any named attacks in any of his previous battles, including his earlier match with Law).

Quote:
Law isn't/wasn't trying to go all out. He was trying to buy time. I think these are two diffrent things. Also the fight wasn't even 1v1. It was 2v1 ( admiral+ dofla vs Law). Law might/could possibly defeat Doflamingo in a real 1v1. Same as Kid and Luffy.

True, but remember that Fujitora sat out for a part of the fight so for a while it was just Dofla vs. Law (in which Law got the crap beaten out of him, even if he was stalling). And I think Torao's more than aware of the difference between their levels, seeing as he's pretty much willing to throw away his life just to take Dofla down......

Quote:
Also as you said ( and i said myself earlier), the point of having all these new pirates (law, jinbei, and maybe cavendish/barto) is to match the stronger yonko counter parts. Sanji is still epic and his character is the same Sanji we always loved.

As far as the part in bold is concerned: Of course! At this point I think it's clear that Luffy will gather a rather large group of powerful allies. So as powerful at the yonkou may be, taking them down won't be impossible as long as proper teamwork is utilized. But I think any more speculation about the emperors can wait until Dofla's been taken care of, wouldn't you agree?

Also, as far as Sanji goes, since he now seems to be the leader of the group heading to Zou, I think this could make things very interesting, as I said earlier. I mean, just imagine if we actually had two arcs running concurrently (Luffy's group in Dressrosa, Sanji's group in Zou). That would most certainly be a first for this series!