View Single Post
Old 2008-08-17, 04:52   Link #512
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainking187 View Post
Wait, plot twist? Is there really someone that expects the series to end any other way? Of course he'll end up with Nagi. That's the way things go. Athena doesn't have a chance in hell. I've never read a romantic comedy where the main character ends up with a girl that doesn't show up until nearly 200 chapters in. Hell, I can't think of any harem series I've read where the guy ends up with a girl that doesn't show up in the first chapter. The childhood sweetheart/best friend always loses to the new girl in the main characters life. Except when they're occasionally the same person. I forsee one of two endings. A) There's no real final word on the relationship and Hayate continues to work for Nagi, or B) Flash forward a few years and Hayate and Nagi are getting married. Any other ending will leave me stunned.
I don't think that he is going to end up with Nagi. I mean he will end up with her as in probably be her butler and support for the rest of her life. But I do not think he will end up with her romantically. He does not have even a shred of interest in her. Even if she was older, he has a certain attachment to her that does not remotely connect to love. Well, maybe family type love but that is it. He has a wish to stand by her and protect her and help her not become a horrible human but not be her husband.

However, I do agree that it would be surprising if he ended up with Athena. She will for sure have a huge influence on the plot and on his relationships in general, but I don't think he is going to end up with her. I mean he did only throw her in after almost 200 chapters so she has not gotten nearly as much screen time as anyone else. She has become popular with everyone, but I doubt the author for sure guessed this would happen. And I do not think the author would risk the wrath of his readers by trying to have the ending be with a largely unknown and brand new character.

My guess is still a Hina or Maria ending. No idea which I prefer more. Probably Hinagiku, but that is mostly because I believe she deserves it after the junk the author has already put her through. However Maria was the first one that he had a crush on in the manga that we could see so I don't know.

The only thing that makes me think that a Nagi end is possible is that prophecy type thing that Nagi's Grandfather made that if Hayate follows his stones guidance he will get tons and tons of money. And I can only guess that he would get it through marrying Nagi.

... Sheesh. I could probably write an essay on Hayate the Combat Butler if I wanted.
9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote