dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Out of curiosity, does anybody have the original Japanese text for the:
Quote:
I only felt that it is a voice with a childish tone sounding like that of my
younger sister.
"I only wanted to hear Senpai's voice."
Even though I cannot read it, knowing how it is written would be important. For example if "Senpai" was emphasized in some way. There's still possibility that Mysterious Girl is Kyon's sister from some other time/space.

Yes, I'm entertaining the possibility that someone (Asahina with Kyon?) took her back in time. It's possible that while none of the SOS Brigade members were really paying attention, she kinda snuck into the crowd of freshman. Though, seems far less likely than slider-tan.

Although.... Miyoko Yoshimura instead? May work. There's no real proof that it was a slider-tan. We only believe she's (Mysterious Girl) is a slider because Haruhi's introduction was to meet aliens, time travlers, sliders, and espers. I offer evidence:

A. Kyon says that she looks older than her age.
Quote:
She [imouto] had already dressed herself up rather cutely and is now waiting for her
friend [Miyokichi], who simply does not look her age, to pick her up.
Just from this, it is possible that Miyokichi is a time-traveller, albeit one who looks much younger than Asahina. Also, since we don't know Asahina's age, it's very possible to assume that the organizing body for time-travellers can be of any age. As for teaching a person information, it can be as simple as in Matrix. If the computers in implanted in a person's brain, I don't see why that's not possible. Also,
Quote:
Even one year ago, Miyokichi had such an adult-like appearance, that you wouldn't think she
was my little sister's classmate.
It's very possible that Miyokichi is older than 11 years and originally was in Imouto's class to kind of watch Kyon. We also don't know her school now. This means she could have traveled forward in time, maybe after some time delay for her looks to alter slightly. Or she's has awesome shape-shifting abilities.

B.
Quote:
It seems like she had decided on what to order from the beginning, From
among the ten types of cake the waitress had brought as samples, she pointed at the Mont Blanc
without hesitation.
A really quick order could imply that she was ordered to order that order. :P For those slightly slower with the English there; she may have been told to order that specific cake by someone. I don't know who specifically, but it'd have to be either a future Kyon or Miyokichi. Time continuity and all.

Counterarguments (because we know it's important in all academic writing...):

A. Mature-looking 10/11 year old, deal with it. Also, shape-shifting? Get real.

B. Miyokichi may have seen the cake on the menu before and really wanted it.

I still think (Mysterious Girl) is a slider and very possibly Miyoko, but we can't completely disregard all possibilities. But why Miyoko?
Quote:
"How is it possible you don't remember..."
Phone conversation in alpha path. Alludes to the date with Miyoko. That and full name seems relatively important in the series.

A random, completely unsupported hypothesis, Miyokichi's potential older sister. He did entertain the idea of siblings as some point.

Lastly, regarding Kyon's name... Sakaki mentions that is "royal and imposing."

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?