View Single Post
Old 2012-06-25, 10:24   Link #29292
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I suppose this means that according to the theory George killed Gohda and Shannon in EP2 and then killed himself?

That seems to contradict his very motive, unless he did so on the spur of the moment after a quarrel or it was an accident. Besides why would he care to make it look like a closed room at that point? It's not like that could have happened while Shannon was sitting in front of a dresser. Why George would place her there? And why would he choose to die in that slow and horrible way? Didn't he know that nobody is stupid enough to commit seppuku without a "helper" ready with a katana behind you?
He has the most trouble with this one, and with Kanon's death in EP1. For this one, he presents 3 possibilities:

1) The first is really awful- Shannon ended up learning about what George was doing and they got into a struggle (which George didn't want, obviously), killing each other simultaneously (with letter openers!).
2) The second is just like the first, except that George won the fight and killed Shannon (again, not what he wanted, and again, with a letter opener to the skull) then tried to fake his own death by faking the wound and using a "fake death drug", except that Rosa had already arranged for that drug to be poisoned so he actually died.
3) The third possibility is that Rosa actually committed the murders herself. When Genji knocked, it woke Battler from a nap, so it's possible Rosa, who had all the master keys, was off murdering while Battler was asleep. Best of the three, but it still doesn't jive well with what Will said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
The whole premise of this is so ridiculous that I don't know where to begin from...
If Yasu seemed far-fetched to most readers, then what would this.....In the first place, why the hell would Rosa want Battler's acknowldegment? I had watched the video in question some time ago, so pardon me if I'm wrong, but I think he argued that Rosa doesn't have romantic interest in Battler, but wants him to acknowledge her as a human being. I mean WTF man? Why would Rosa even.......care?
Indeed. His version of Rosa is even more batshit crazy than Yasu is in "the official explanation". Although you have to admit that Rosa shows more signs of mental instability than any other possible culprit. Certainly she shows a lot more signs of mental problems than Kanon and Shannon do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
Obviously because the nine hours have more prestige and plausibility.
I honestly think he just likes to be clear and thorough. But yeah he takes things to a level far beyond what is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
If Shannon is not Yasu and therefore has no connection to the Beatrice's then why should Rosa take over her love for Battler? There is no indication for Rosa being motivated to do this at all, is there?!
Not much, no. It's really all about psychological issues she got from getting Beatrice II killed. IIRC she used the idea of Yasu to try to "resurrect" Beatrice (II) and used Shannon as a kind of real life focal point for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Then what exactly was the whole finale of EP2 about in his theory?!
Rosa basically tells us that there is someone named Beatrice on the island with whom she had at least some contact during those two days and who she is angry at for apparently not showing up at an appointed time or place. And what about the escape with Maria? Is this all just due to "the crazies"?
It's basically the same kind of thing as when Shannon or Kanon battle Beatrice. It's metaphor, or something, where Rosa's original self is betrayed by her Beatrice self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuka0NK View Post
I have gone against so many people who defended this theory while I defended mine and finally people who I can agree with.
Really? I never thought he had that many supporters. Where are they?
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote