View Single Post
Old 2009-05-15, 07:39   Link #113
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
@Jan-Poo. To be frank, even if Outside probably made some rule regarding killing other selecaos, one could still kill all the others manually, by convincing someone trustworthy (ergo not by bribing) to murder them (a bit similarly to Kondo's murder, but in a much bigger scale and a bit differently).
If you want their locations, you can estimate their whereabouts from the purchase history (not that impossible, since the city (?) is there anyway), or possibly even Juiz would "sell" that info, unless she's restricted about that too.
From the rules I've seen so far, no punishment would occur in that case, but of course it's quite uncertain, whether we know all the rules already.
edit: maybe they fear Outside could use Juiz too, and he/she could kill the last Selecao.
Yes in fact that was what Kondo did following Akira. However why he didn't just asked Juiz to tell him his location? Well ok he didn't have many money left, but I'm left with the impression that he can't ask for that. Akira himself thought to used this system to locate Saki, but he didn't use it to find number IV (he found him by himself). In brief, I'm speculating that Juiz just won't accept these kind of orders, but nothing prevents seleçao to do stuff by themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Hmm, I didn't get the impression that Hirasawa's parents were loaded though. Especially if we go by Oosugi's comment about how only people whose family have money can start a business. Chances are he wanted to save his money for his next year of classes.
Hirasawa might not be loaded but his family certainly isn't poor. He's got a car.
Now I guess you might think what's the big deal with a car, but you need to know a few things about cars and Tokyo.
Since the extremily high population density in Tokyo you can't just buy a car and park it wherever you want like in most cities fo the world. In order to posses a car you need to prove you have a parking lot both in your house and your working place. This is why you don't see many people owning cars in anime. I'm assuming that the car we see is actually Hirasawa's parents's car. However that means they have a house with a garage or a parking lot. Such thing in a city like Tokyo is luxury. Well this doesn't prove he's loaded with money, but his family must be above average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Pretty sure at the end of the day he'd consider that one of the worst uses of money possible and have you killed one way or another (probably Juiz). Not really safe at all, and I'm thinking the end solution will require cooperation between a few of the Selecao.

Just because accomplishing the goal gets all the others killed doesn't mean getting all the others killed counts as accomplishing the goal.
Well this mean you are assuming that someone else other than the supporter himself will do the killings. If not, who would kill you if there's no supporter around?
The cooperation you are suggesting would make sense (and I also noted that), if there wasn't that incomprehensible rule that states you get killed if someone else saves the country before you. That rule completely removes any chance of cooperation. It looks like the outsider doesn't want them to cooperate.
And no, killing others won't accomplish your goal but it would remove any chance for them to beat you or kill you (which is the same thing according to the rules)