View Single Post
Old 2010-06-13, 19:36   Link #11012
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Regarding, well, anyone as the culprit, we don't have to believe the motives we're shown in scenes of dubious credibility. For instance George, or Shannon, or Hideyoshi, or Kanon, or Gohda for crying out loud could have the desire to kill the family, but we could be shown the wrong motive.

To use George as an example because I'm still suspicious of him, the whole "wants to marry Shannon at all costs" thing could be the smokescreen for this true Motive X. Battler almost never sees any evidence of any kind that George and Shannon are actually as close as the games suggest. The fakey nature of their romance and the extra TIPS might even suggest this really is a smokescreen motive, though we'd have to explain why to get around all the effort devoted to it and ep6.

Of course we could see the relationship as one-sided. The weight of the text puts it one-sided on Shannon's part, since George's motivations tend to make him a more sinister presence. I'm not totally sure of it one way or the other though. It's certainly most probable that they're sincere.

I just think George or Jessica would make a more obvious "unexpected" mastermind. Their motives are much harder to read than the motives of Kanon and Shannon. Assuming the existence of a romance doesn't mean it means the same thing to both parties. Kanon and Jessica sort of already have this dynamic (what Jessica thinks of it is different from what Kanon thinks), which makes me think it's more sincere than Shannon and George.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote