View Single Post
Old 2014-01-05, 15:25   Link #2450
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

So you'd rather have an objective production issue like cut corners rather than a subjective direction or scripting issue like "bad humor" or "crappy characters". Okay.
Personally I'd rather have neither.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
No, it's not. This is a fairly large resume of works. It's large enough for patterns to matter.

That just supports my argument. Actually, you're arguably even going father than I am. You're basically saying that almost all of their works fall into the "modern high school (romantic) comedy" genre.

Sticking so much to a particular genre would obviously constitute having a comfort zone.

So no, I'm not wrong on this one.
Seventeen TV series and two movies over 10 years is not a large resume. I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue by claiming that it is.

In any case, what Enzo was claiming was that those elements that make up the "comfort zone"/"lens"/"allergen" are something unique to KyoAni. They aren't, and for that matter highschool comedies or romantic comedies make up a pretty sizeable percentage of the anime released each year.
KyoAni is not special in this regard. They -are- special in that they do very little else, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't or that if they did, it would be bad.
Kyokai is mediocre for reasons that have nothing to do with these magical "filters" of yours.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2014-01-05 at 15:43.