View Single Post
Old 2011-04-12, 08:42   Link #390
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

I still consider FMP!:TSR to be one of the pinnacles of anime, and Kyoto's best anime series. FMP!:Fumoffu! is still epically funny in this day and age, I still can't help but sniggle every time I think of the Football episode (or the entire last episode).

PONY.

If KyoAni ever gets around to animating another season of FMP!, I swear the Heavens will part with a radiant descending, singing choir of Angels as I sink to my knees weeping like an over-emotional weenie.

Code Geass was an entertaining show which I enjoyed it very much for the camp, and there were very well animated fights, but the series as a whole also had its "QUALITY" moments, and recycled frames. Something which is very lacking from KyoAni.

Not to mention the level of gore... if I have to use a comparison, it's akin to GitS. Throat slit in TSR anyone?

Military action aside, TSR was also about a coming of age for the Protagonist, Sousuke. You really feel his character growing. There were also some comedic elements, but TSR was mostly on the serious side.

That said... if anybody intends to dive into the FMP-series and do not wish to read the Light Novels that they are based on, they will need to watch the original series made by GONZO (with assistance from KyoAni). Otherwise a lot of plot elements will be lost on them in TSR.

GONZO being GONZO... well, it's not entirely bad, it's still good, but... ...

Cheers.