View Single Post
Old 2007-03-05, 01:40   Link #76
sayde

For a non-filler ep, I was expecting more from both the story and the episode itself. As of now, I'm feeling let down with regards to Naruto's progress.

*off topic*
I would include Sakura, but because she's probably my least favorite character in the series, I could care less over the progress she's made. Something about her just irritates the hell out of me and I doubt there's anything she could do for me to change the way I think about her character just short of sacrificing herself for a worthy cause.
</end>

I guess it's all my fault though for expecting way to much. I was hoping the way they'd get the bells from Kakashi would be a lot more interesting.

Remember the old fight between naruto/sasuke vs Zabuza? Remember how the two freed Kakashi from the water prison? I was expecting to see something like that again. A plan that would make say "wow, that was pretty clever". A plan that involved some real strategy; A plan that would out smart Kakashi at his best. Not some pathetic attempt at comic relief. Playing on his perverted habits is something that would never work on him in a real fight. That whole thing was just one major let down.

Other things I didn't like are things that have already been stated over and over again. Too many flashbacks, too many interruptions, lackluster animation, and I expected the fight between Gaara and Deidara to be much better than this.

Kakashi blowing fire w/ his mask on didn't bother me much. Considering all the other bs things Ninja's can do in this anime, I'm surprised it has become as much of an issue as it has. It seems just as logical/illogical as shinobi's making clones or summoning animals out of thin, or producing visible energy from their bodies, as well as the countless other jutsu's that are clearly fictional. IMO, that was the least of this episodes problems.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote