View Single Post
Old 2013-04-19, 06:28   Link #41518
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Although I do not envy the amount of tech talk you two must know about this series and the aspects of the IS functions and stuff. I'm like Houki in that respect (Vroom! Whoosh, pa-Pa-PA!) compared to how you rattle off different functions, loadsets and whatnot about these IS units - real and imagined. #_#
Eh, if anything, techwanking is highly frowned at excessive level, empirical description of actions done right worth far more than gushing about the tech without having any impact on the readers.

Example:

"He unloaded XR-723 Gram machinegun, spewing 35 caliber bullet at 500 rpm, such scary level of firepower can pierce the 10 cm side armor of main battletank easily"

Compare with:

"He unloaded his gun, spewing dozens upon dozens bullet in few second worth of salvo, carrying enough power to gnash a tank on it's side"

In fact, this is one of the cause of major failure in scifi/military fiction crossover. Random number and statistic decide the plot, and it's bad.

And lo behold, like you Fangking also choose direct approach than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
It's the real reason why I stumped on 'Song of the Battle Maiden' - the one where I had Ichika 'blown up' as Chifuyu arrived to rescue him and she turns into a vengeful terror that only Tabane and Houki can stand being around her for any long period of time. I have NO clue as to what sort of tech or battle sequences I should use in the upcoming fights and despite myself, I have some nice battles drawn in my head. T^T
See above