View Single Post
Old 2007-08-26, 00:41   Link #232
Kusaja

I agree with Chiibi. The fictional accident is really the fictional driver's fault, if you ask me. The rest are unpredictable, circumstantial elements...though it's natural to feel bad or even angry if someone's actions (or your own) contributed to a tragedy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Mitsuki was fine (except for that god-awful mullet haircut) UNTIL she slept with Shinji. Then I lost all respect for her. What the hell!? Break up with Takayuki FIRST! I have no tolerance for cheaters, male OR female....I think it's really inexcusable. Just being sad and lonely does not make it okay to sleep with someone else!
I didn't like that part in the anime either, to say the least...but then again she was very mentally unstable *and* horribly drunk. Under those conditions, there is no such thing as informed consent, even if Mitsuki put herself in that situation in the first place (big mistake, and she's responsible for that).

It's not a pretty sight, but hardly what amounts to simply "cheating", with all the implications that word carries around (and almost makes "real" cheaters look less bad). I don't want to bring too much of real life into this, but there's a difference between the two types of situations. The line between rationality and irrationality may seem thin at times, but it does exist.

On the other hand...
Spoiler for game:
Quote:
So in the end, I'm a Haruka fan. She totally got a backbone and that impressed me.
I ultimately ended up respecting Haruka more than Mitsuki when I watched this too, for whatever it's worth. Even if she's not my favorite character. The above is definitely true and it was great to see that Haruka could stand on her own.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote