View Single Post
Old 2008-03-31, 20:49   Link #1110
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
I'm feeling vindicated now that someone has started talking about spirit power, when, despite me being a longtime proponent of the magical divine and souls in Nanoha, I have been curtailing it in the face of the healthy (yet somewhat intoxicating) scientific scepticism of the Tech thread.
I don't know about "divine", but magic is explicitly stated by Yuuno to be spiritual energy.

I've always held to the theory that the Linker Core is an aspect of the spirit that anchors the spirit to the body, hence the name. Those with cores that are especially "fine tuned" to their bodies can harness their spiritual energy with their minds and craft it into spells. The tech aspect of Nanoha is entirely optional, as Yuuno and other device-less mages have displayed, and simply augments the mage's ability to harness and control his/her spiritual energy by attuning themselves to their master's linker core. This also provides a telepathic link between the device and the mage and allows the mage to issue commands without speaking them, as well as benefit from a universal translation program all devices have (Hence the reason why Nanoha is able to speak with the Mid-Childans in season 1, who obviously aren't speaking Japanese as their native language).

Quote:
The idea hasn't even been peer-reviewed with a knive yet, and you feel "vindicated?"
Mayhap because others on completely separate forums have come to the same conclusion that Kha has. For what it's worth, this passes my examination.

Quote:
SoD analysis
Pardon my n00bism, ark, but what does SoD stand for?