View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 15:43   Link #66
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I absolutely agree with what you guys wrote. It shouldn't surprise me to see anything Fate/Zero automatically be thought of as being of a higher quality, as that was a pretty great show (I loved it to pieces) ... but at the same time, I could not see how anyone could think of it as being the best that this year had to offer music-wise. Perhaps this is due to me being a Kajiura fan (and this is not her best work by even a long shot), and as someone who had heard a good chunk of the music from the Fate/franchise, so I am a bit harder to please, but even then it's hard to listen to the actual OST and think that it is the best when in reality it's closer to being decent in quality.
I think it's mostly a case of being a more prolific show with a good soundtrack rather than the sound track just being necessarily more amazing. Horizon is not as prolific on these boards, and well Guilty Crown is its own undoing by being a show few people want to give accolades to. I personally thought sound track wise that Jormungand was better than any of these nominees. Accel World had a nice one too. E7 AO had a good one (even if the show was absolutely horrid).

In any case I thought the F/Z OST lacked the impact that some might expect because a lot of the tracks blend together. However, individually on the OST, I found there are a surprisingly amount of distinct and stand out tracks. Just they didn't see as much air time on screen due to most of the show having talking more than action.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote