View Single Post
Old 2008-05-22, 16:02   Link #1250
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN24 View Post
If Suzaku can become KoO he will have Japan for himself, he can do whatever he want with it and i don't think he will allow his people to be treated as dirt anymore.
To me Suzaku's "change from within" means to gain enough power to change the rule without too much bloodshed, when he obtain that power he won't just sit back and relax but begin making a better country where Japanese=Britanian.He's not as smart as Lelouch but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a brain!!

I think common people are quite forgiving if you can feed them and make their lives better.After all he never fired a shot during that massacre and can get away easily with some pretty words.
After Suzaku becomes Knight of One and picks Japan, what will he do?

Will he start creating harsh penalties for any Britannian that treats a Japanese wrong?

Will he force Britannians to give up their wealth and disperse it among the Japanese population?

How would the Britannians feel?

To say that you want to create equality is all nice, but it is much much easier said than done. To do it his way, he is going to have to change whole cultures, something that is not given up easily and not easily done even in one or two generations.

And, it doesn't give what the Japanese what they truly want. True self-governance and real sovereignty.

To achieve those goals, Suzaku wouldn't be aiming at ruling Japan under Britannia's name, he would be aiming for peaceful secession internally within the Empire.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote