View Single Post
Old 2008-08-08, 01:13   Link #133
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
The only advice I feel qualified in giving (due to extensive personal experience) is this: Write several short fics and make em' good before you try to write a 200,000 word fic. Too many things can go wrong: Lack of encouragement, getting bored with the idea, etc, etc.

Thanks, but I look mainly at the many people who are far better writers and just try to copy them.
I tried to write one-shots before I wrote A Friend Indeed Cal but I got bored with it and just skipped to writing a long one. Mostly because I was just plain bored with trying to write one-shots.

I have to admit though I can't write comedy very well. Mostly because all the jokes I would use are stuff from other series I watch, mostly crime shows or action ones, so the humor would be dry, not to mention ripped off. Hence I stick to action, though I would like to write something like a drama/angst fic, since hey lets face it, Geass is very angsty at times.

And Krimzon a PM sounds great. Like I said I had an idea for one but its pretty far-out.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote