View Single Post
Old 2011-11-23, 01:06   Link #148
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Really?

Nasu would be the first person to say "Nah, Gilgamesh is actually really really really broken. You said he got owned by a human/lesser Servants in my writings? That's just my plot device called 'King of Arrogance and Carelessness In Front of Mongrels' at play."

Well I'd say that arrogance is part of what makes Gilgamesh, Gilgamesh. He's the only person I know who can resist the taint of the black grail because he's so damn full of himself.

In fact, I wonder why he doesn't have an NP associated with his ego.

He's like Kuroro from HxH or Wally from Ippo.

Kuroro is always greedy and wanting to steal things, even if it makes disadvantage against strong opponents. That's why his powers are associated with stealing things.

Wally is always jumping around like a hyperactive monkey whether he needs it or not, and that's why he's so fast.

Their character flaws are part of what they are. To not act that way would be to deny themselves.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote