View Single Post
Old 2012-06-29, 10:54   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece Film "Z" discussion (manga spoilers)

Well now, well now.... a new OP movie is right around the corner (December 15th, in fact!). So as the thread title suggests, the movie centers around a powerful new foe in the New World only known as "Z". However, there's a new surprise that was just revealed about the movie (hence the manga spoilers warning in the title (and thanks to forum member RRW for the image link)):

Doesn't that guy at the far left look familiar to you.....? Well, he should, because he's FORMER ADMIRAL AOKIJI!!!! What involvement he has in this movie is unknown so far, but it's interesting that he appears here. But then, just like with Shiki in Strong World, this would undoubtedly create more confusion regarding continuity. I mean, does this mean that Luffy and co. will run into Kuzan before they arrive at Punk Hazard....?

Anyways, you can check out more info concerning the movie here, as well as this additional nugget of info from Greg at the OP Podcast:

Quote:
OP Film 'Z' promotional poster in new JUMP with CRAAAAAZY info. They're going to meet up with Kuzan. Hmmmmm..... That makes the question of canon problematic. They're gonna meet Kuzan and NOT know what went down at Punk Hazard? Anyway, check the 'staches. Pretty sweet. Love following the theme of 'red' as well.

Also, I can just barely make out the name of one of what APPEARS to be one of Z's cohorts, 'Ein'. Perhaps from 'Einstein'. This goes along with 'Z' being a former Marine and having access to some very bright individuals.

Anyway, here's what you really wanted to read, A MESSAGE FROM ODA:

I'm doing a movie for the first time in three years!!
Just 'cause I'm involved doesn't mean I'm gonna sail through it. I've got a whole bag of surprises in store for ya!! The whole staff is REALLY fired up!! GRAAAAAH!!!

So let's get discussin'!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote