View Single Post
Old 2009-02-21, 00:21   Link #661
evilr00t
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Hm. I want to update my SEEN.txt with that, but isn't doing so supposed to break your saves or something? I don't want to lose my progress up to now, or all the special saves I made for my favorite scenes in the game...
Basically, the SAVE999, READ, and REALLIVE saves don't need to be reset, I think, ever.

save___.sav files are, however, full of bad news. They contain gamestate data.

On Full Voice, saves are incompatible between the Original Japanese SEEN, and the translated SEEN files (tested personally). In fact, even between translated SEEN files, the saves might not really work because the 20081220 SEEN file doesn't handle names correctly, causing all sorts of problems like the "Empty string, upload a ticket" and blank names.

As I don't have Clannad+Voice patch, I can't say anything about the Original Japanese SEEN, the First Unofficial Patch, the After Story patch, the mduo13 patch, or the 20081207 patch, but I would suspect the 20081207 patch won't work at all because it uses rlBabel to display text.

Basically, you should be prepared to lose your old saves (they'll freeze the RealLive interpreter upon load) when upgrading to a new SEEN. But it doesn't hurt to try and see, just back up your saves. Me? I just keep multiple copies of CLANNAD with different SEEN files in a big dev folder, and use symbolic links to not waste disk space.
evilr00t is offline   Reply With Quote