View Single Post
Old 2012-11-14, 15:07   Link #3252
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

@Jinto I understand what you are trying to say, but my conclusion are based on the fact that human advancement has rarely been a gradual process, along the way there have been a genius that makes a big step in advancing science or technology. So i.e. without Einstein there would be no satellites in orbit and without newton I bet there would have been no landing on the moon. Maybe I am an optimist, nay, a fool, but I stand by my beliefs nevertheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And the simple observation that hunter gatherers still exist, even if they're rare.
It is really rare to find any community that does not have access to modern medicine, tools and cloths to some extent and therefore no longer have to use their brains to survive like people thousands of years ago. Hell, my grandmother still had extensive knowledge of herbal remedies (gathered thru word of mouth), modern doctors no longer have to check a book, they only need to do a search on their computers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Turns out massive battles with muskets and cannons creates a lot of injuries, but not many instant kills. Medicine pretty much sucked until the discovery of penicillin.
I will take any day a bullet wound instead of a pellet from a musket which lacked the precision of modern weapons but basically destroyed whatever they hit (there is no such thing as an entry and exit wound). Even modern medicine would have a hard time dealing with such extensive wounds.

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2012-11-14 at 15:21.