View Single Post
Old 2017-06-30, 02:26   Link #424
Zefyris
図書館狼

That's a flashback showing Chtholly being born, not a flashforward showing her being reborn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
honestely this still one of my big issues on that serie, i'm still want to know, WHY THAT GIRLS ARE CALLED LEPRECHAUNS AT THE END????, WHAT THEY HAVE IN COMMON with a little race of most beard males wearing green or blue cloths, i'm really honestly want to know the reason if just "stupid plot or really have something, which so far the excuse i saw still bad and looks like just for the sake of "lulz".
That's simple.
Let's demonstrate it rather than just give the simple conclusion :
1) Willem knew of leprechauns more than 500 years ago. At that point of time, there was no reason to create the faeries to fight beasts since beasts appeared after Willem got petrified (as he didn't know of them before he was taught about them when rescued from the surface and un-petrified). Yet, leprechauns existed.
2) the current "leprechauns" are secretly being created using necromancy. Such a process of creation is obviously not being publicly known, since even Nygglatho doesn't know about it, and Willem had to get the answer from the man who created those himself.
3)The official explanations for those faeries being able to wield weapons that only humans can use is that "they're leprechauns, leprechauns can use human's tools, so that's why". *
4)Leprechauns are clearly stated (even in that verse, by willem, who is surprised they changed appearance so much) to not have that "little girl" appearance 500 years ago.
5)Leprechauns are faeries that used to live in humans towns, in our legends. Humanity was wiped out of the map very quickly.

My conclusion : the real leprechauns went extinct together with humanity, they didn't make it to the floating islands. The officials are using the "leprechauns" name for the "faeries" because it's very convenient, as there's no real leprechaun anymore to deny what they are, and that this makes a believable explanation for why they can wield human weapons. Considering how those "faeries" are created, they wouldn't want peoples to be too curious about where they come from. The real leprechauns were probably far more similar in appearance to what you're thinking of. We'll never know, because there's no way that a race that was basically living in town's storehouse and the like could survive what happened 525 years ago.

So those are not real leprechauns, that's why they don't look like real leprechauns. QED.