View Single Post
Old 2009-10-04, 06:05   Link #90
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I had thought about the bloodstream theory as well, the problem is that if you follow it "down"... and you look for "shore" the "two" will tell you of, make me think about Johnny!!!! 6 letters!!! XD

No no there's no way that's the key!!! °_°
The funny thing is, I thought of thinking along that line of reasoning, too.
Because Young Eva insisted so much on the riddle being childish and the need to throw away the admiration of Kinzo.
There are many riddles and jokes among japanese children that rely on very dirty puns, so it may be that the riddle is so easy, so childish, that nobody would solve it like that considering it's rather dignified form.

If you search around the epitaph, you find other body related things.
懐 in 懐かしき if read ふところ is also bosom or breast.
So if you would follow that line of reasoning an これを下りて鍵を探せ (Step down from there and search the key) we would follow the 川 (river) which we associated as bloodstream.
川を下がれば、やがて里があり (If we follow that river down, before long there is a village/the home of one's parents), but 里 is also just simply the 'place of one's origin'...well we can all think what that would refer to.
その里に二人が口にし岸を探れ (In this 'home' search/feel around for the shore that two are speaking of/taking into their mouth)...this is maybe the most abstract part of the poem, still we have the 二人, two unspecified people, and they 'speak of', 'take into their mouth's' or 'eat', but 口 could also be another hint as it is also a hole or an orifice. 

The problem is, if those Kanji could really lead us around in an Atlas.
I really have to read that scene again to see if there are more hints hidden in certain words even not taken from the epitaph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
Remember to disregard things built after 1980's at least on the Google map, and to look for things that have fallen into disuse or otherwise removed from general maps since. A lot of things have come and gone in the past 3+ decades.
The problem with that is, that many things may have been wiped of maps and heavily refurbished since then...and we have to consider that Eva may have looked it up in an Atlas that went back to Kinzo's youth, which would again be totally different as even the heavy refurbishment through the Americans did not yet happen.
If anyone knows a good site that collects older maps, I think we would all be a bit happier.

We all have to take into account too, that Ryukishi only said that the Epitaph is SOLVABLE...that could also mean we would have to have the same preposition and access to certain books as for example Eva.