Thread: AE Karaoke
View Single Post
Old 2008-10-18, 13:42   Link #37
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Anakyn_ View Post
I'm with ya, pichu. We use AFX because it's a way to entertain ourselves and leechers. Good AFX users don't fill in half of the screen with suppaa heebii FX, they try to be in harmony with the animation. If I knew scripting, I'd automatize so many stuff, but since I can't right now, I can't help it but wait for someone superior (like Shinji or pichu theirselves) to create something awesome that helps us doing our stuff as fans and amateurs.

I'm gonna try this, pichu, and I'll let you know something about it. I managed to understand most part of your fixed-length script. Awesome tool, man.
No, the fixed-length time will work flawlessly in this script, since my script allows the creation of syllable per layer, allowing effects to overlap each other without destroying others.

See my ef karaoke, which uses fixed-length time (life cycle is 1.5sec for the chorus, and 3sec for nonchorus) and syllable-per-layer for the feathers. To use this feature, you'll have to define in your marker:

The first marker:
  • Chapter: unnorm
  • Comment: [
Note, the [ is placed in the comment. It doesn't matter where you put it, but if you place in the comment, it will show up in your timeline, which is pretty convenient. I haven't tested the second (end) marker yet, but I think it should work. If you put it in the first marker, the fixed-time will start at the beginning of the syllable. If you place it at the end marker, the fixed-time effect will start at the end of the syllable.

Again, I haven't tested one more part. Fixed time can be done locally rather than globally (unnorm in marker), where you define like this:
{syl: true, unnorm: 'start'} in .p or .a.

But yes, you need to understand AFX really well to use this script, since there are no easy-to-use presets made for you. I hate people coming to me said that they want to do AFX karaoke, but they have not done anything in AFX at all.

PS: before public beta release, I was testing zero-space word timing (idea taken from Shinji's script), where you define "Spacing" as a slider in your template. The script will automatically add a space between the syllables and set the tracking value to your slider control in your original template. You can then adjust it and compare against each other. It's useful in syllable zooming, where it will be moved properly. Note: you'll have to set the mode to "Word" if you want to see the effect. The script doesn't adjust this for you.

The syllable timing mode supports: Character, Character Excluding Space, and Word. Just a note, word will not work out that well if you don't use Spacing control. I didn't implement the last mode (Line) because I don't see a point doing this one.

Last edited by pichu; 2008-10-18 at 13:56.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote