View Single Post
Old 2011-06-13, 17:38   Link #11207
NightGale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This is my theory... And it's only a theory... Recall that when Touma was a kid, bad things kept happening to people around him, maybe even dangerous things. Maybe when Imagine Breaker was at it's full power in the past- his negation of luck was stronger; strong enough to really affect people around him. But by restricting his power to his right hand, he is limiting his bad luck only to himself.
That actually sounds quite likely... i havenīt read Angel Fall (I started reading from vol 7 onwards since at that time i had already seen the anime and those four volumes were a bit on the to-do list of ThePing- no js06.exe at that time iīm afraid,xD), but in the anime i believe the mentioned something about the people around him shunning him because they tough of his bad luck maybe be curse or something? anyway thatīs why his father sent him to AC, since he didnīt found help for his son in spiritualism, maybe science could do the trick... I also tough that maybe he was depressed because he failed to save someone in the past, i mean he had quite a bit of "hero complex" going for him at that time... (the current Touma is a bit different in that regard)