View Single Post
Old 2009-07-15, 19:20   Link #209
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
1. Current evidence suggests that the expansion of the universe is accelerating due to dark energy, which would result in a Big Rip rather than a Big Crunch.
2. The cycling of universes you describe is close enough to the third possibility that it falls into the same category, with the same solution.
1. Realy? Well, whatever It doesn't help in the discussion (thanks for the info)
2.I know. I have some difficultys reading long complex english texts. So I was reading and replying one "block" by time. Sorry.

Quote:
Let me try to rephrase myself. The "everything was created 5 minutes ago, even the contradictory evidence" theory is not testable to a sufficient extent that results contradicting it could not be handwaved away. This means that no actionable knowledge can be drawn from considering the possibility. Thus, entertaining it is a waste of time and energy.
I I didn't understand the undelined text. Blame my poor english skils .
Anyway you meant that since it can not be proven, it is pointless debate about it right? I agree. Just pointing that it is not (totally) meaningless.

Quote:
I dunno. It's been a while since I read BLR and I didn't watch the subs for it, either.
The subs diverge a lot... Baka-tsuki says:
Quote:
"As there is no conclusion to the paradox theory, there is no way to prove that there is no paradox."
As an "explanation" to the events of that Tanabata. I was amused that your words fit pretty well here.

Well, I guess we are just agreeing by now.