View Single Post
Old 2012-05-11, 19:30   Link #51
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Which is also true for being able to use MS/EMS jutsu, first you need enough chakra and then you have to activate your MS/EMS eyes. Also if you overuse your eyes then you can't use them any more for some period of time or even go blind. For every existing jutsu there are some set of circumstances that are needed, so by your definition of "immunity" there is no ninja who has immunity against anything. Nobody is immune to a simple kunai, you just need to mess him up to a state where he can't use any of his special abilities. I was referring to this battle when i said "immunity", not to some hypothetical where Kabuto for some reason doesn't use his new abilities.
So that was mostly rambling but the end of this paragraph is worthwhile. True immunity is indeed something very rare. It is completely useless to use sight or hearing based Genjutsu against a blind/deaf man or more generally to use Genjutsu against Sasori's puppets who don't even have a brain. That's actual immunity. There are also a few characters against whom kunai means virtually nothing, the 3rd Raikage or Suigetsu to some extent for example, the state of their bodies means a kunai cannot possibly damage them.
My point is not about some hypothetical scenario it's about the definition of the word. If you allow me this analogy, you very well may have a condom which will offer you some protection but it will not make you immune to AIDS in any case.

Quote:
Which means he was aware how strong Kabuto is, but Kabuto was not a sage but just as strong as he was previously then Tobi could have killed him before he can begin messing around with Edo-Tensei. We are talking about a guy who wants to wage war against the whole ninja world and then we see him being forced to make a deal one ordinary jounin level guy.
No it doesn't. Tobi didn't see one ordinary jounin level guy, or rather yes he did and he attacked him right away... And then saw that this so called ordinary jounin had the Akatsuki zombie squad + Madara had his beck and call.
For all of Kabuto's impressive display of power, it is completely inconsequential compared to his Edo-Tensei army. What made Tobi change his mind wasn't Kabuto's "personal" strength -whether he knew its depth or not-, it was the his Edo-Tensei collection.

Quote:
Looking at the actual war i got the impression that Kabuto sacrificing all his Edo-Tensei ninja was a stupid thing, while he was wasting his powerful zombie army Tobi was just waiting for the opportunity to capture Naruto and Bee. If he completely stayed out of the war he could have used his Edo-Tensei army against whoever came after him. So he could have captured them on the Turtle-island and then ran away, the alliance was already looking for Tobi because the war was already started so Tobi was already weakened by that war. And Kabuto tried to capture Naruto and Bee anyway, using Nagato and Itachi at a time when he already lost a lot of his zombie army. I think the war weakened Kabuto more than Tobi. Kabuto is now an arrogant guy who thinks that he alone (without any of his zombies) is stronger than Itachi and Sasuke combined. Considering that, it's hard to believe that he is carefully plotting a situation where Madara and the alliance weaken each other.
Had Kabuto stayed completely out of the war Tobi would have come after Naruto himself while his Zetsu army could have attacked the Alliance by surprise (remember it was Kabuto who purposely gave them the location of Tobi's base). If not for Kabuto's meddling, Tobi would have probably already won.
To capture the 2 Jinchuuriki before the war started meant no gain for him and the immediate wrath of both Tobi and the Alliance who would have sent their entire forces against him.

Right now the Zetsus, Alliance and Edos are about done with the notable exception of Madara. Without Itachi's unforeseeable brainwash Kabuto would have taken the 2 Jinchuuriki unbeknownst to Tobi (or so Kabuto thought since he doesn't know about the Zetsu spores hidden inside him (or does he?)) before he lost his strongest cards. Even then he still has Edo-Madara who can -litteraly- level the playing field on his own whereas his opponents have exhausted nearly all their resources.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote