View Single Post
Old 2012-10-26, 23:07   Link #158
Midonin
Last Engage

Hidamari x Honeycomb 04 - SynChonized Swimming

For watching consistency, I waited until tonight. But like any Hidamari, I'm always eager to talk about it. For a pool episode, there was a bit of the sexiness that's been popping up in this season, but it had the same natural, innocent feel as the rest of the series. Maybe not Yoshinoya and her pronounced boobs in that school swimsuit (wow), but when Class A won, Yuno dove right into Miyako's chest. Those two are great.

Another cute little moment was seeing Sae's wives get along surprisingly well with each other. If Natsume was a bit more honest, I think those three could make a big happy family unit. The running gag about the $100 camera was well played, and the "can" joke translated well enough into English, which is always a tricky thing when it has a visual element. Speaking of visual elements:

Yuno's evolution into an artist has been one of this show's central themes, and the way it was expressed in this episode was sweet. She can be a real shutterbug when given the chance - I can see her going into pencil art or photography in the future. And of course, the principal. The speed of a shark and the grace of a swan, which is easy when your head is shaped like a torpedo. That man has probably done things that would amaze us all.

Now, someone help me get the Heparize jingle out of my head.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote