View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 10:35   Link #202
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
Because there is no possible way that Kishimoto can resolve all the inconsistencies he has now presented. He has written himself in a corner, and we will just be expected to ignore whatever contradicts the final explanation, as we have many times before.

When you have people here claiming "well Tobi couldn't have said that/done that because then the viewers would know who he is so he had to lie" then that's bad writing, unless Tobi knows he's a character in a manga.

And finally, it's just dumb. It may be just my opinion, but the general feel and writing quality of Naruto seems to have declined enormously over the years, especially since the beginning of Part 2. I mean, it's a shounen - I'm not expecting a masterpiece, I have really low expectations, and I'm just reading it for a bit of pleasure, not for enlightenment or a great story. But more and more I'm starting to wonder if Kishimoto has just jumped ship and doesn't care anymore, and maybe makes his assistants or interns write the story. Too many things happen now just for fanservice or because it would be too hard to write it in a sensible way, because it would have required planning. As a great example of this, take the recent chapter where Juugo and Suigetsu are wandering around in the middle of nowhere and JUST HAPPEN to blow a hole open into a secret Orochimaru hideout they didn't know about that JUST HAPPENS to have a scroll with forbidden knowledge so dangerous it could be used to singlehandedly rule the world or whatever.

What?

EDIT: Regarding long-haired Tobi versus short-haired Tobi, I do expect an explanation for this one, and I think I've said before that maybe long-hair is Madara and short-hair is Obito, but remember that Kisame recognized them as the same person.

This is a good point that cannot be explained away unless Tobi was lying about Nagato for no reason or Madara wandered around eyeless for many years and Tobi took credit for what Madara did. Nagato should have been somewhere around 40, much older than Kakashi and Obito, since he belonged to Minato's generation.
except tobi wasn't "lying"…the author created a character who in the last few chapters admits that he has not cared and has been ignoring who he once was and has picked up the mantle/persona of uchiha madara. that means in front of a crowd, in a fight with konan, or by himself in a restroom somewhere that was his reality. which works for me cause the real madara who we know made plans to return to life anyway, didn't have to be on screen for his story/goals to be told. tobi did it for him (when talking to sasuke after the itachi fight, and talking to naruto in iron country). now that madara is here, we will have the dots connected. meanwhile, tobi, still not embracing who he once was, calls himself no one. so in my mind there is no confusion why obito/tobi fed konan that story. the same reason he fed it to sasuke and naruto. tobi was used to explain who madara was

speculating as always lol...