View Single Post
Old 2011-06-15, 22:39   Link #22910
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
If it was identical to the actual content it would be a major mindfuck. Personally I think this story would make a lot more sense if it was said straight out that no metaworld scenes exist in the messages and the forgeries alltogether. Unfortunately there are hints that metaworld scenes were actually narrated, and it makes all more complicated.

In the beginning (EP1) it seemed like the messages narrated stories from Maria's perspective and were written like a diary describing scenes in first person. But then it doesn't make any sense for her to write about the metaworld considering how rarely she shows up there.

I still can't find a certain explanation for what concern the 18 persons that were killed in the first two stories. It was hinted pretty well that they couldn't possibly have been written in a few days, so it would be incredibly strange if Ange wasn't there.
Somewhere along this same line, after EP6/7 (havent read 8 yet), I've been trying to correlate all the narrative elements of our Umineko to whatever was read bu humans in R-Prime. So you get things like
Meta-Battler = "intended audience?"
Lambdadelta = "editor who enables the books publication, keeps writer in check"?
Bernkastel = The INTERNET ?

It can be taken further - I think Erika's aggresive detective work is a result of the fandom's backlash against Battler being such a "go with teh flow" detective, interpreted as "The author has Battler being a lazy ass to keep us away from relevant information. A REAL detective would be duct-taping the vents and shit." Cue Erika.

Or, a simpler one - Meta Battler becoming Game Master equates to R-Prime Battler (Toya...?) finally either figuring the solution, or regaining his memories, thus he's qualified to write new stories because he knows the "rules and solution".

Getting to the point, I do wonder how the Blue / Red truth equates up into R-Prime. Like, when you go to buy your copy of 'Turn', is it literally printed as something like

"Rosa retrieved the two master keys from the envelope. Genji, Shannon, and Godha offered theirs as well, to help their standing in the eyes of Rosa, who took all five keys into Maria's purse.

There are only 5 Master keys, one for each servant.

"Are you satisfied now, Rosa oba-san? asked George dejectedly.
"Like a boss, George. Like. A. Boss."

Meanwhile, in the study..."

... ... that's not too unreasonable, actually... ...
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote