View Single Post
Old 2004-09-11, 00:40   Link #69
NeoKakashi
Copy-Ninja NeoKakashi

Send a message via AIM to NeoKakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd
It's called context. They were speaking about the soul-pulling, why would he suddenly talk about anything else? Let me translate these sentances myself and I'll see how I get it:

Sarutobi: I've come this far... I've come all the way here... is it possible that my current strength itself isn't enough to pull out his soul? Can it be that this geezer's body isn't enough of a sacrifice?

Orochimaru-sama: If this was 10 years ago, you could have killed me now, couldn't you? *small laugh and pulls up sword*

It should be obvious that he doesn't mean "in this fight" but that it's context-based, "now" as in "with this freaking jutsu that is holding on to my soul and hurting like nothing else".
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. (The meaning of the 10 years quote-thingy, that is.)

Although I am basing this entirely on my opinion, it's my opinion and I am allowed to interpret the line any way I choose, and I hope you respect that ^_^

I feel that Orochimaru did mean Sarutobi would win the fight if he were younger, not seal his soul. I know they were currently speaking about the soul extraction and all, but, in my opinion, Orochimaru knew he was going to pull out the sword like he did, and he basically thought the fight was over, therefore was making a final statement about how he could be killed if Sarutobi was 10 years younger.

IF he was simply speaking about Sarutobi being able to extract his soul if he was 10 years younger, why didn't he just say
"You could have pulled out my soul if you were 10 years younger"?
It doesn't make much sense to me, and I think your Orochimaru fangirlism kicking in a little too much

*Dodges any items Kidd throws at me with her raging Orochimaru-Fangirl attack, weather they be fruits, erasers, or CHICKEEEEENS!!!*

BUT, people, I always like to look at both sides of the argument, so here's some other junk now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Enma appearantly has a very nice weapon that he can manipulate and he can do all the jutsu he wants. Who knows maybe one as high powered as Edo Tensei. That's an assumption, just like you are assuming things.
Dude, Enma is that weapon, he doesn't have a nice weapon.
Orochimaru already proved he could easily own the Enma staff anyway...

BTW these vs. battles are all about assuming. I'd assume that Manda would bite Enma's head off and then shit his head out onto his body.

Of course he has attack Jutsu. He thinks Jutsu's are everything. You think that after all those years (Before he wanted to eat Sasuke's "beautiful body", or whatever ) he wouldn't learn any powerful attack Jutsu? I highly doubt that, or he wouldn't feel he was strong enough to take on, well, anybody <_<
How the hell do you think he killed Kazekage? I highly doubt he summoned the 1st and 2nd before his fight with Sarutobi, so that leaves his attack Jutsu.
Plus, who would he use as sacrifices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Kidd... You ignore all things said by the characters. First you say that Oro can beat The 3rd in his Prime(I doubt anyone can beat him) now you are saying that Oro can beat Itachi when Oro clearly stated from first hand expereince of being in the same group(who knows maybe he was his partner) as him.
Yeah, come on, you're getting just a little absurd now. Orochimaru himself said he would lose to Itachi, and I believe it was stated that he left the Akatsuki because of his fear of Itachi. No, it's not just because Itachi has the Sharingan. I have a little theory.

It's pretty obvious that Orochimaru has seen Itachi's power first hand. They were in the same organization. Itachi can't just play around with everybody like he did with Kurenai, don't you think? There must have been some reason that Orochimaru saw Itachi's full power (or a pretty big portion of his power) that caused him to fear Itachi. Now, I suspect that this is where he started to crave the Sharingan, although he felt that Itachi was too powerful to beat, so he went for the next best (and weaker) thing; his brother, Sasuke, of course

*Please excuse any misuse of grammar or spelling people, I've had a, umm, "long night" and I'm tired XD. Now, off to bed with me

Last edited by NeoKakashi; 2004-09-11 at 08:42.