View Single Post
Old 2009-07-08, 21:01   Link #4638
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
But Suzaku has always been an impulsive person. He may have had it on his mind at that moment, but that was practically it. That was the last moment Suzaku tensed up towards Lelouch when it came to Euphie, not to mention that he didn't want him to go through with Zero Requiem since it involved his self-sacrifice. As for the "promise", Lelouch might have been referring to the Zero Requiem itself, as in there would be no turning back. Not to mention that again, Suzaku could tell Lelouch was hiding something about the Euphie incident in order to take the responsibility during their Kururugi Shrine meeting.
I won't disagree on the point that Euphie wasn't the focal reason for killing Lelouch as part of the plan (I would certainly argue that it helped him do it), I must disagree that "you killed Euphie" is an "impulse" for him. Suzaku is stuck on that thought for the entirety of R2, up until ZR of course. So ingrained into his thought process is that event is that he rationalizes why Lelouch was trusted by the girl he murdered and is still insistent on getting revenge not two minutes later. The man is not impulsive, he has a one-track mind.