View Single Post
Old 2010-08-17, 10:09   Link #211
Digdri
Uu~ Let's solve a riddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Higurashi's use of the queen carrier and queen controller state is based on actual insight on the functions of the arthropod colony societies, specifically of ants and bees. The hive mentality and infective paranoia is also related to this and also has some relations to the herd mentality attributed to human mob formations, but this might be more on sociology than biology (I'm a biologist by training).
Yes right... even I know that those concept really exist in nature but to combine everything together in such a fashion and applying it to human who really don't necessarily work that way in such an extreme way is still really stretching the idea of believability.
But my point simply was biting in all this comparison to real world science may just be a dead end as this story primary needs to make sense and has to be consistent ingame. I just take it as a nice bonus if he really portraits this psychology stuff in ultra realistic fashion.
Well even Knox stated you mustn't include stuff that needs a "complex scientific explanation" so after all everything should already have been made clear through the details in the story.
Call it willing suspension of disbelieve / rule of cool / whatever but after all this "contradiction" while structuring the whole tale I'm just satisfied if all even is consistent, has an interesting truth to it and is understandable.

In terms of mathematics/logic/history/religion/occultism he already has proven that he is doing his homework. Let's see how far he really it works for psychology / biology and stuff