View Single Post
Old 2013-01-01, 21:39   Link #2360
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well at least this is true: Sieg’s ancestor might destroy armies but Nanoha could do the same at 9.

And I am afraid you guys aren’t getting my point. ViVid’s combat styles are really cheap on its variety and the actual differences aren’t that great or matter that much. Magic styles as Belka and Mid-Childa are as good or bad as the story makes them look so far, yes and as Lhklan that might have to do with the TSAB and the Church being so large and controlling a lot of places. Also as Kaijo says: As humans, we gravitate to the best ways of doing something, and once someone finds it, others copy it. But nothing of that matters, at all.

You see, ViVid is fantasy. Is a story. What I am saying is that the author could get creative and bring more of the magic styles he himself made a character say there are, so we can see more of the variety. On that regard nothing can stop the author from doing it. I mean, why not? If he wants he can, and that is it: he doesn’t want. Now he might have his reasons and etc. but my point was never about such reasons. As good as the explanations that have been present might sound, what prevents me from making another one? On this case isn’t a matter of who is right and who is wrong, I just ask if won’t be nice to have more magic styles and see that on ViVid to add some flavor on the fights. How the author does it or what troubles will he face is his own problem. I will never accept the “think on the author” excuse when the matter falls down to, how creative you can be?

Just saying, will be nice to have more magic styles and not just different kicks on a same style? I will agree most fighters can put a personal seal on their fights but adding the magic system element will help to make it look more rich and unique on its own rights. At least to me.