Thread: Licensed Vivid Red Operation
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 15:47   Link #1107
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Well if the Engine is actually capable of producing infinite energy through some pseudo-scientific means, then the only bottleneck is the distribution.

The crow wants her to destroy Akane's world, supposedly to somehow restore Rei's own. Her objection when Rei saved the child makes that plain. There is no way that can be justified. I don't think Rei has actually thought about that yet. Even after this episode, I'm not sure she's quite been pushed far enough to really see what she's being made to do. She knows bits of it, but she is fighting very hard not to realize the truth, because she doesn't want to understand what she's doing. She doesn't want to risk thinking about anything that can distract her from her need to bring back all the people she loves, so she is struggling very hard not to think about what the cost might be.
I think this episode is highlighting that Rei is just that desperate to save her world. She's well aware of what she's doing and what it's causing judging by her reaction to the kids talking about their damaged house and she is trying as hard as she can not to think about it. She has morals and is clearly a good hearted person as she saved that kid but that just serves to further demonstrated how bad she wants what she's been promised.

The pain in her heart is clearly growing, her dialouge with Akane there when Rei found out that Akane experienced loss in her family due to death she broached the question of, "What would you do/sacrifice to get your loved ones back if you could?" However indirectly she phrased it, it's clearly on her mind.

Also, did anyone else find Rei's dialogue with her pet parakeet painfully cute? Seeing the mask fall away to reveal the lonely girl underneath.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote