View Single Post
Old 2013-05-21, 05:26   Link #1019
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I dunno, I still think the deaths are of minor characters that, ultimately, no one cares about because they have pretty small fanbases. Feels more like Kubo trimming the fat off of his minor character list rather than aiming for any real drama.

I was about to say "I gotta respect that" when he killed off Byakuya, but then apparently chickened out at the last minute and said "wait, j/k lol, he got miraculously saved". Really? REALLY!?

I mean, Naruto is equally guilty of having terrible plotholes, but at least the author has courage enough to kill characters off without some lame deus ex machina the next chapter to completely reverse it.

If you're going to have someone die, make it a character whose death is actually appropriate. No, I didn't forget about Genryuusai, but honestly... who DIDN'T see his death coming? Again, I'd use Byakuya as an example of a dramatic sacrificial ending, but then Kubo cheapened it by bringing him back to life, essentially. Honestly, the only character whose death I've felt was well done in this series was Gin's.

And he better not bring back Yoruichi just to kill her. I will be seriously pissed. It's bad enough he randomly killed off Unohana in what I'm pretty sure was an asspull backstory plot.