View Single Post
Old 2012-02-22, 12:35   Link #1
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Looking for a particular kind of humor

Oh well, while watching the last few spare romances left, i'll ask this:

I'm looking for animes that contain a certain kind of humor that is most likely to make me chuckle.

Animes that succeeded in this have been:
Arakawa under the bridge: The humor i'm looking for is this. A protagonist, who is a rational and cool guy with a big amount of good sense, thrown in a mass of freaks and weirdos that think in a total different way, like they were in their own worlds.
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: The protagonist, Kyon, is rational, cool, and has got a good amount of good sense aswell, but has to deal with the bossy, weird, exalted Haruhi.

Basically, a cool, rational(even cynical), hilarious protagonist with a huge amount of good sense that has to deal with weirdos or narrow minded people who seem to not think at all. I like the protagonist's comments about how irrational and stupid are the actions of the other characters, and how he has to deal with these crazy and exalted people, eventually whining all the time. The age should be between 15-20 years old, but i'm ok with older characters that look younger, if that's the need. No kid looking characters with kiddish voice. Oh ye, the protagonist has to be male.

The genre, since it has to make me chuckle/laugh, should be comedy, but something light and thoughtless, to relax out.

The animation, no matter how much of a comedy the anime is, has to be middleway serious (The kind of Arakawa and Haruhi indeed), so nothing like Zero no Tsukaima and the kind. A little romance undergoing is necessary tho, even if it's only secondary. Also, recent shows are preferred, but in general i'm okay as long as the animation doesn't look old.

Steins;Gate contains my favorite protagonist of all times, and the one that made me laugh the most, Okabe: exalted and hilarious character that turned down his funny side when some events occurred, showing to be more than some exalted maddo saientisto. But there just isn't any anime like S;G, so don't really mind it.

TL;DR: Mentally superior being thrown in a mass of mentally deviated beings(not necessary for them to be total freaks; it's okay if they are just little narrowminded and the protagonist tries to bring them on the right road).

Here the titles i've already watched (end of the first post) http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107800