View Single Post
Old 2013-04-13, 12:24   Link #49
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
to answer the question: More shows like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Steins Gate, Psycho Pass Shinsekai Yori, Madoka, Shingeki no Kyojin, etc etc. . .

Less shows like Clannad, Sakaraso pet whatever, harem show #485345, Shows with lots of retarded fanservice, shows with panty shots: seriously if there is even ONE panty shot in a show, most people in the "mainstream" audience will instantly think anime is some weird/sick/fetish/pedophilia(given that a majority of the anime females look like they are about 12-15) horror to stay away from. This is why I tell no one "IRL" I like anime, I never mention it, period. IRL I don't mention that I've lived in Japan for a number of year and know Japanese (unless I speak to Japanese people) as Anime wasn't really popular at all when I went, hell I didn't know about it till this Japanese guy gave me some of his old stuff while I was there...telling me I'd like it. Pretty much in the year I left it all of a sudden got really popular. . .along with all the weirdness too.
less "I can't believe my little sister is this cute" type shows. . .less INCEST or hints at it! (seriously that is some weird shit even for me and I'm pretty tolerant of weird shit)

oh yeah and less of guilty crowns, high school fan service zombie flicks, HIGH SCHOOL/JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL shows, in fact I'll go so far as to say that those school setting shows will never draw in mainstream audiences (most shows like that can easily fall under the pedophile category, all it takes is a shot that focuses on a girls legs, body for one second, mentions sex or ecchi or whatever, has girls with skirts too short for high school. . .at least the high schools that mainstream audiences went to)

in other words. . .

NEVER.
Basically, things that are better than all the crap that is shown on US TV?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote